Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Beginning

I love to cook.  I love the whole process.  From researching recipes, to designing menus, to the grocery shopping and finally the cooking itself, I LOVE to cook.  But over the years, I've heard from friend after friend that they are in "awe",  that they are "overwhelmed" or that they are just plain scared to take over the kitchen with gusto.  For these friends, a blog.   You can find a recipe anywhere.  But you still have to plan a MEAL.  And so many of the things I take for granted as far as techniques, methods, spices even--well, they're just about as foreign to some as the computer programs I used to support back when I was a working.  So.  For my friends and anyone else who feels a little overwhelmed, here is a blog for you.

Beyond the recipe, I'll show you the meal I plan, how I make it (with pictures) and will try to explain what is what in the kitchen.  Also, I will share with you how I think about a week at a time to avoid wasted produce or other items.




No comments:

Post a Comment